Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ramble on

I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd sit down and just do some rambling. First, the Cooper news. He's starting to form real words. Once in awhile you'll hear a 'shooss' for shoes, or 'ba bye' instead of 'ba ba' to say bye bye. He says 'heez' as his form of please, and we hear it loud and clear when we're eating and he wants a bite. He is even saying some things in Cantonese, but neither you nor I would understand them, only Sarah does. He's in the stage where using his tongue to do the spitting 'pbpbpbpbpb' sound is just the funnest thing to do. And he is just turning all shades of brown. Sarah takes him to swim every other day; and, despite the generous coating of sunblock he receives, is getting more and more cinnamon colored.

Ok, now on to my news. Things are working out tremendously for our family in terms of my work situation. I finished working for the company I was working for last year, and have been looking for another job that would allow me flexibility and time to study. I got hooked up with a company called Science Adventures. Working 'full time' for this company means working 5-7 hours a week and receiving about half of the pay we need to survive. Unfortunately, they couldn't get enough work hours together for me to offer me the 'full time' position. Bummer. I had to look for some other full time job. I was offered a few, but they all involved long hours and working on Saturday. Sarah and I prayed about it, and we decided that a long hours job would not be condusive to our goals. We decided to exercise faith that Heavenly Father would open a way despite the risk of not going with a standard full time job. Well, not 2 days after we made that decision with Heavenly Father I got a call from Science Adventures. One of their teachers that was going to come from the States changed his mind, and would I like to take his hours and work full time. Yes, absolutely! So now I'm going to have that wonderfully flexible job this year. Now, I need to add to that. Just a few days ago I met with the person who I've been working with sporadically in setting up his new business of personal organizers. He asked me to be the 'managing director' of sorts for his company, and I could work the hours I'd like. WOW! What a blessing. Now I'll be working not one, but two jobs with wonderfully flexible hours (great for my studies). Sarah and I never imagined that when we felt impressed to make the more risky decision of not going with a standard, full time job here in Hong Kong that we would be blessed so quickly with just exactly the thing we needed. Actually, this situation is even better than what we hoped. We are being blessed even beyong our needs. We are so very grateful for Heavenly Father's abundance.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

So great to hear that things are going so well with you guys. We miss you so much. Jeff & I talk about you both on occasion and we just wish we could hang out on the weekends and have some really good conversations. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father just wants us to completely trust Him? We worry, whine and stress, but with faith, it always works out.
love you guys,
Vicki