Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Why it's good to be Dad

Wow, 3 months since I last posted. Sorry 'bout that. Life has been pretty busy lately, and I've been mostly playing catch up. That said, let me get on with this little blurb:

Cooper is getting to the age when he knows when someone is coming home and will sometimes come to the door to welcome said person. Usually, on a regular daily basis it's me who comes home around 6pm.

On one day a few days ago, just after I walked in the door, Cooper ran over, stopped a few feet from me, looked up, made a little fist, and dropped his elbow to his side in the same way a bowler does when he gets a strike, and said, "YES!" with a huge grin on his face.

Being the good dad that I am, what did I do? I picked him right up and wrestled him into the sofa where I tickled him silly for the next 20 minutes. :)

It's good to be Dad.

No comments: